Overall, awesome markdown editor + basic formatting options :)
Will be very helpful to someone starting off!
The TL;DR version of my comments is:
- you can add some HTML flavor to this markdown + HTML rendering engine, and
- can expose more granular formatting controls
- you can add to Markdown spec to create your own “Markdown++” spec, which moves in the direction of more control/flexibility that other formats like LaTeX allow
- More color flexibility could be allowed by section/level of headers/markdown components (e.g. ability to color links differently than skillls). Since they’re all different HTML tags, this should be possible too :)
- h2 having a dotted border, but no other headings being able to have it seems arbitrary. It’s obviously your call, but someone might want their name to be followed by a line (dotted/solid) for e.g.
Maybe, exposing tag specific color/border options is an option you could consider
even native markdown automatically bolds table headers, but currently, table headers look like just plain text, which would break the expectations of someone coming in who knows markdown
I think you can perhaps build on top of markdown and add more features, such as:
- some pre-defined templates, which could break down the overall area into multiple sections, each of which can use markdown. This way, somebody could create resumes such as those which have a two-column layout using Resumey!
Awesome work! Hope this helps going forward